BLDPA, the sponsoring dog park association is responsible for maintenance, improvements and enforcement of the operating rules in the dog park. ALL supplies (e.g., poop bags, bin liners, sanitary spray, rakes) are funded by BLDPA. The BLDPA Board of Directors consists of volunteer dog owners whose term lasts one year. BLDPA Board meetings are open to the public, and meeting dates are posted in advance on our website, Facebook page, Twitter, and park bulletin board, and publicized through formal neighborhood email distribution groups (LeDroit Park Yahoo Group and Bloomingdale email newsletter).
To become a member, go here.
Make a Tax-Deductible Donation
Contributions will be used for maintenance, park improvements, and community-building events as approved by the BLDPA Board of Directors.
- CHECK: If you are paying by check, make it out to "BLDPA" and send it to 2035 2nd Street, NW Unit GL-05, NW, Washington, DC 20001, OR
- CREDIT CARD: Pay with a CREDIT CARD by sending a PAYPAL payment to the email "bldpatreasurer"
Become a Corporate Sponsor of BLDPA
We encourage corporate sponsorship of our dog park. Please contact us at BLDPAdogs@gmail.com for information on sponsorship opportunities and benefits (like free advertisements on our website).
Volunteer Your Time
HELP US!! The park is managed completely by volunteers.
- Help us unlock the park in the mornings and lock it "at dark";
- Become a "DOG PARK AMBASSADOR" and help us enforce rules and foster a sense of community amongst dog park users;
- Come out to a "clean up" event and help keep the park a hygienic and pleasant place to be;
- Volunteer to help with an event. You can help by printing and hanging fliers, managing the BLDPA membership table at the event, providing equipment, securing raffle prizes and event sponsors, etc.
Attend an Event
BLDPA organizes events that provide important information to dog park users and that build a sense of community among dog owners in our neighborhood. We would love to see you at one of our upcoming events!